Welcome to the London Borough of CAMDEN in east central Middlesex
It was incorporated in 1965 by bringing together the Metropolitan Boroughs of Hampstead, Holborn and St. Pancras.
The name comes from a place in Kent! Before 1795 there was no Camden Town or any other Camden in this part of the Capital County. Charles Pratt, Earl Camden of Camden Place in Kent obtained possession of the Manor of Kentish Town, he let out an area for building and development which became known as Camden Town!